Tuesday

Sophie's Face Painting

My journey as a face painter began more than 4 years ago. After moving to St Petersburg from England, I worked as a nanny and it was during this time that I saw the demand for good children's entertainment, and how much the children enjoyed having their faces painted.

Since then, I have taken what was a fun activity to do on a rainy afternoon and turned it into a business that is both very fulfilling and a lot of fun. I started out doing children’s birthday parties and then became resident face painter at Tyrone Square Mall. I now do all kinds of face and body painting at a variety of events, (for grown-ups too!) and have recently added glitter tattoos to my repertoire, which have proved very popular. 

 
I am proud to be entirely self-taught. My painting has come a long way from the early days of simple butterflies and flowers, and I now have a book full of designs to choose from. I can cater to most requests - even those of the fickle preschool crowd!

As a mother, I understand how important it is to make sure that face-painting is safe for even the most delicate of little faces. I use only FDA approved, non-toxic cosmetic paints and glitter designed especially for the face and body. 

Sophie Bel will be painting faces throughout the Mother Love Family Fitness Festival.  Take a look through her online gallery of work to pick your favorite design!

0 comments: